Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Perelandra Vocab is Nuts!

H'llo all. Sorry for the delay. It's been a while since I actually thought about blogging. Has anyone ever read Perelandra by C.S. Lewis? Well, that's the book that Mom was referring to in her comment. I think it has to be one of the few books that he wrote, that I don't like. He just spends so much TIME on little details like, for instance, what the fruit tastes like(even though it might taste amazing, I still find kinda' annoying how much time he spent on that one fruit), what the sky looks like, and other things like that. Now some of you might actually like that kind of thing, but I find rather more than just annoying, sometimes I get the idea that Lewis was intentionally carrying on. I think I might be getting more than a little paranoid. Well, anywho, did y'all ever notice that the guy's name was Ransom? Is that supposed to refer to something? You also notice that there is a lot of..um.... how shall I say it? referring back to something, somethings? I 'm also currently going through basically a study guide to Perelandra. It involves a whole lot of vocab, which could be liked better by some peoples(that would be me, and possibly other peoples?). I'm pretty sure that F.B. has no idea what I'm talking about, right? Not that I have something against vocab, it's just that they use the oddest words. Maybe that's why they use vocab, so that I'll maybe learn something. Am I learning something? Possibly, though I'm pretty sure that it's nothing to do with learning vocab words.
I've come up with a new name for my blog, I don't know if anyone noticed it though. I kinda' like it though. Well I'll just leave y'all to ponder the meaning of my new title, and post some Garfield.
You know, I just came up with a much easier way of doing it, I'll just put the link on the sidebar! Why didn't I think of that before? Anyway, I shall ask your opinion of things like that later, and get back to something interesting. "Hey Red! Why something interesting? Why not something fun?!". Hmmmmm... that's an idea. I'll think about that for a while, and get back to thinking about it tomorrow, or sometime like that. See y'all.
P.S. Don't expect a whole lot of posts just to show up out of nowhere. It takes time to think about what to right!

Red Baron

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it wasn't until the second time through that I kind of liked "Perelandra", and I still think it's rather weird. I think Ransom's name might have some echoes of salvation in it, if you think about what a ransom is....

Have fun with vocabulary. :o)

Red Baron said...

yes. Mom already lectured us(that would be Courtney Yerkes,Bethany Yerkes and I)about that. About the name Ransom referring to something else. And no, vocab is no easier than it was before.

Red Baron