Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday Rain

I can't think of much that's happened today. It rained, but it rained yesterday too, we might need it but I find it rather depressing. However, after rain is very pretty, if the sun is shining that is.
Mom apparently has decided that blogging should be a part of school, or so my reliable sources tell me, 'hem'. So now I'm told, I'll have to go through the labors of appearing to tell you all about what has happened. Underline appearing.
So, today, it rained. Annalee and Mary insisted on waking me up earlier then I wanted to, and I awoke to find that it was raining. Which means a whole day shut up inside with the noisemakers. So, once I had finally decided get out of bed, they decided that as long as I was up, I might as well wake up all the way. They proceeded to scream and shriek, running through the house and doing such things as would be expected of monkeys.

Speaking of monkeys, last night I finished reading The Jungle Book. It was rather strange in parts, especially the bander-log (monkeys). Mary had just watched the Disney version of former said book and the differences between the book and the movie. For one thing, Baloo was not as jolly as Disney depicted him, and the wolves had a much greater part in the story. Also both Bagheera and Hathi were much more dignified in the book. In the book there were no vultures, though they were rather interesting characters, and the diferences go on and on. I think I preferred the book. So, they are two very different versions of the same story.
I also read a small book of short mysteries, the kind that have really small flaws that you have to look for. I figured out a few and decided that I might as well get some sleep.

Today has not been much but that's fine becuase I rather relish a nap when I can get one, IF I can get one. What with some certain small noisemakers, it's rather hard to get a nap around here unless they're napping too.

So, maybe more interesting things tomorrow.
TTFN, tata for now!

Red Baron

No comments: