Monday, September 8, 2008

Who Cares What This Thing is Called?

Did you notice my very elegant title? I decided that I've just about run out of title names, so I just made one up. Hee hee! So on to ordinary, every day, run of the mill things.
More school work. More tears shed over Algebra. More great sighs of exasperation over geography. More banging my head on the table because I don't know what I'm doing and why. But I guess it's not all bad, after all, without school what would I do all day? Okay, so that's not exactly fair. I shall rephrase. Without school, I wouldn't know how to read! Imagine that! Me, not reading! That would be strange indeed. Speaking of reading, would you like to know what I have been reading? Something called "A Father's Promise". It's a book about the second World War. Specifically, about a Jewish-Christian boy in the second World War. It's rather interesting, and considering that I don't normally go for books without dragons in them, that's saying something.

Randomness. Dad just made me look a personage (or rather, as he says, a story about a person) called Enide. Apparently, she was as Arthurian character. Here's the story.

{Enide and Geraint/Erec meet while the hero is on a mission to defeat a cruel knight, and her family provides him with armor and food. They fall in love and marry, but the hero begins to forsake his social and chivalric duties for domestic bliss. Rumors spread, and Enide blames herself. One night, her husband overhears her crying about damaging his reputation.

In Chrétien's version, Erec begins to question Enide's love, but in Geraint the protagonist misunderstands her sobs and thinks she has been unfaithful to him. In both romances, the hero makes her accompany him on a long and dangerous trip, and forbids her to talk to him. Enide ignores this command several times to warn her husband of impending danger. Over the course of the trip, Erec/Geraint proves his abilities as a knight have not faded and accepts that Enide's love and loyalty are genuine, and the couple is reconciled.}

Get the general idea? Good. Anyway, back to books. Maybe not. I just changed my mind. Instead, I'll tell you about today. Other than school (groan) I went to a Venturing meeting tonight. Mostly we talked about fund raising (hint hint!) for Philmont. Our plans were to start... You know, maybe I shouldn't tell you. :P!!! Very, very secret plans they were. And I shall not divulge them! Ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa! Weeelllll... I guess I can tell you that we planned on doing some yard work eventually. That's not too secret. Other than that, we colored while the adults talked. We all acted, in other words, like four year olds. Though with less squabbling and more giggling.

I've always wondered, what is is with teenage girls and giggling? Is it some hormone type thing? Or do we all have some secret agreement just to annoy the boys and keep them up all night. Hmmm... Definitely something to ponder, especially for you guys out there. Pbthh.

So anyway, from now on, I'll try to think before I giggle. But it'll definitely take some effort. *Giggle*!

TTFN, tata for now!

Red Baron


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the Algebra. I had to have a tutor to pass it! Geography was interesting to me. It made me want to see all those fascinating places in the world.

You're right, I can't imagine you not reading. That book sounds interesting. Maybe you can pass it on when you're done.

Why do teenage girls giggle? Because you just do - God made you that way so you can annoy your siblings!

I'm going to call/email you later this week about a special project I'd like you to help me with.

Aunt Susan

e said...

Have fun giggling.

I strongly dislike algebra. So there.