Tuesday, May 27, 2008

So,here I am again, trying to come up with something interesting to write about for your benefit. Weeellll, I went to the shop again today and burnt myself on the hot glue gun. Ouch. Actually it didn't hurt as much as one might suspect, I mean, yeah it did burn a lot at first, but after a while (that means a while in a bucket of cold flower water) it quit hurting so bad. If you would like to see pictures of my day at the shop, please check out my other blog.
I didn't have to do school today. That was nice. But seeing as I was at the shop all day, it would have been kinda hard to do any school work. Uhhh... anything else? Hmmm... I guess I just didn't do anything else today but work. So I might as well tell you about work.
Well, when I first got there, I counted the money in cash drawer. Then I watered plants, which involved taking the plants out of their pots and then soaking them in a large bucket of water for up to two minutes, then draining them and putting them back into their pots then back into their places in the display.
Then I started to put together a little Styrofoam ball covered with leaves and flowers. That's when I burnt myself. After that I helped process flowers that were delivered. This is how to process flowers. First take them out of their wrapping and trim the ends and stick into some solution that makes them soak up water. After that it is just a matter of putting them into buckets of water and then into the cooler. Today we received irises, golden rod, misty (which looks very similar to baby's breath). I also went on several deliveries around town, had lunch at Subway, and made a daisy arrangement. So, in other words, I had a very full day packed with flowers and flower care which I'm sure any of my brothers would not enjoy. Oh! I forgot, I also cleaned pots! Ahhh! That is one of the most delightful jobs. Just you and the pots and the brush. All by yourself. Hmmm... I must be getting old.
Anyway, that concludes what I did today other than things like getting dressed, eating breakfast and the like. So,
TTFN ta ta for now!

Red Baron

No comments: