Friday, May 30, 2008

Yeah! I'm back! From Camping. At Ratcliff lake. By the way, that's why I didn't write at all yesterday. I didn't have the most time in the world cause I went to Lindsey Stephenson's birthday last night. Back to camping.
We got to Ratcliff about four O-clock yesterday and set up the tents. We didn't actually start the fire for dinner until late, so we didn't eat until about eight. We had hobo packets which are just a bit of meat with whatever vegetables you want on top. We then spent a little bit cleaning up dinner and eating s'mores. Amazingly we did have facilities there. The showers were nasty, so none of us took showers, we just changed. After that, we went to bed. Notice that I said "went to BED", not "went to sleep". They sat up all night talking.
SO, I woke up around seven thirty and sat around waiting for breakfast while everyone else (not including our adult leaders) snoozed. We had a casserole for breakfast, then cleaned up. We then broke down camp and put everything in the cats. Once that was done, we did a little bit of hiking. You know, it just accured to me that I should tell you who went, here's the list. Mr. Selmen, Mrs. Slaten, Dr. Scott, Briana Selmen, Brooke Selmen, Elizabeth Slaten, Sarah Slaten, Molly Perkins, Brittany Selmen, Courtney Reese, and Me. That's a long list. Please don't make me write it again.
Now, where was I, Oh, we were going hiking. Yes, we went hiking, came back, did some more hiking, and ate lunch, all before twelve. Lunch consisted of small snack food such as fig newtons, trail mix, beef jerky, cheese and crackers. The cheese was in these cans that squirted out sorta' like whipped cream. After finishing lunch we hiked back to camp then drove back to the lake to do some swimming. We swam for about three quarters of an hour then got some ice cream and drove home.
I'll be writing later this evening about today, because I figured that this has been enough for one post.
TTFN ta ta for now!

Red Baron

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. It's been a long time since I've been camping or had hobos. It must be pretty hot there.

Red Baron said...

Yeah, we had fun, and yeah, it was really hot.

Red Baron