Monday, August 25, 2008

Knit, Purl

Hey, does everyone like my new colors? I decided that since two, and possibly three, of my brothers are over at A@M that the colors were appropriate. Anyone object? If you do, that's just too bad, because I like it this way. So, pbtthhhh! Hehe.

Going in other directions... Dad is now requiring me and Annalee to ride our bicycles down the county road almost every day. It's okay, but after the first day, my bones are rather sore. Why do they make roads so bumpy? The road has some pretty spectacular views though, if you know where to look. One of these days, I'm going to take my camera with me and post the pictures on my other blog.

Moving on, Mom was ordering books for our school today. Ack! Also, she informed us of our new chore schedule. Another ack. Apparently this year, I'm starting Spanish and geography and a Lord of the Rings study. The study at least should be interesting.
Last night we were watching Two Towers. We got as far as the start of the Helm's Deep war. That would be where the orks charge the wall. I also finished my first ball of yarn on my knitting project. I've decided to call it a shawl, though Annalee seems determined that it WILL be called a poncho. Why? I really don't know.

So today's subject, knitting. To start off, I'll tell you the diffenece between stockinetter and knit or purl, just cause I can. The main difference is that stockinette (we'll call it stock.) is alternated knitting and purling. Now, stock. doesn't really look any different from regular knit or purl, but if you look really close, it appears to have a row of knit between every purl stich. That could be normal though. You'd have to ask my mother about that. I have told you about my project, which is all stock. It's really not hard at all. At one point Mom did a row on the shawl, and it looks different from mine because I knit through the back, which I'm told is unusual.
Anyone fans of Doctor Who? Well my mother found these patterns online for a knitted Dalek. The pattern was called Extermi-knit. Mom also found a pattern for the oversized scarf of the fourth doctor. Interesting I think.
So, Evelyn, how is your scarf coming? I assume that you've gotten somewhere, right? Well, good luck on it. I never got very far on any of the scarfs I started. Just recently, I got the farthest I ever got on any knitting project. Cool.
Comments are suggested. :)

TTFN, tata for now!

Red Baron

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lillian, you need to do your "ttfn" with quotes,like I just did.
:P :D Hopper

Petr said...

Well, there really is no reason to say that the road is bumpy, especially when compared to a dirt trail, and certainly when you consider that the bike you use has really big shocks.

"Other blog"? Would you tell us about this, and maybe link to it on your sidebar?

Hopper said...

Thank you :)

Red Baron said...

I do have it on the side bar. It's labeled under "My Other Blog". It's at the very top of all the other links.

Except, Hopper, that I have it all in caps, so no I don't have to put in quotes. Pbth. :P

Red Baron

Anonymous said...

It can't be a poncho, because a poncho is connected all the way around. Yours will be a rectangle with two slits for arms, and no neck hole. So for this, Annalee is incorrect.

Aren't you looking forward to school?

Red Baron said...

I haven't made up my mind about liking school. I really don't like math, but I do like poetry. It's something I just haven't decided on yet.

Red Baron

e said...

Haven't gotten much further than where I was when y'all visited. *sigh*

Studying LOTR sounds pretty amazing! I wanted to take a class on Tolkien at Queen's, but they wouldn't let me because it was only for part time students. Ah, well.