Monday, June 16, 2008

Cub Scout Day Camp

The title says it all. Alright, so, yes, I did volunteer to help with a cub scout day camp. And I'm going to be working all this week except for tomorrow. For reasons unknown Miss Vicky was going to be unable to go to work tomorrow, so I will be staying home tomorrow because I already told everyone that I won't be going tomorrow. That's a lot of tomorrows. Anyhow, pretty all I did today was to play ultimate frisbee (which was actually more like ultimate amoeba), then after eating a lunch of banana bread, boy banana has a lot of n's and a's, I practiced a bit of archery with Andrew, my brother. That was actually more like me missing the target a whole bunch of times. After that I went down to the fishing hole (pond) to help with the fishing. I did actually catch a fish after the first couple of dens had visited. I don't have any pictures because I didn't bring my camera. Sorry. I'm told that I caught a bass that weighed, um, four and three quarter ounces. Elizabeth Slaten has a picture, maybe I'll talk her into giving me a copie or two of it. Then, after fishing we did closing ceremony, which wasn't much of a ceremony I thought. We (that is the cub scouts) took down the flag and then marched, well ran, back to the fireside which didn't have a fire and which we had just come from. Talk about exhausting sentences! Well, like I said, it wasn't much of a ceremony, more of a "we had lots of fun today, come back tomorrow!" sort of thing. That was my day, any questions? Oh yeah, just in case you were wondering, the only reason Peter didn't get volunteered was because he was going to summer camp. He is now at summer camp. Anything else? Boy that was a long paragraph.
TTFN ta ta for now!

Red Baron

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know that you had started your blog back up again. I enjoyed reading everything that you've been doing. Didn't know everything to ask you when I was there. Got a shot in my foot today to relieve a pinched nerve. Doesn't sound near as much fun as the day you had!

Love ya - Aunt Susan

e said...

Impressive fish! It sounds like fun to me. Though ultimate frisbee is probably more fun on a cool beach than in hot, humid Texas. :o)